Photobucket

April 1, 2008

Jill Sobule's Creature Feature

Jill Sobule is pretty busy recording the new album that fans contributed over $80,000 to finance, but she took a few minutes to talk with me about her favorite horror movies. Here's the article and list, but note that I've included her unedited comments below:



Jill Sobule's Top Ten Horror Movies:

10. "I guess it would be a toss-up between the original Frankenstein, The Werewolf, Dracula, The Creature From the Black Lagoon and the 1963 movie, Black Sabbath. They all played on Saturday afternoon on a local Denver show, Creature Features!"

9. Don’t Look Now – "Not sure it counts as horror, but it creeped me out. And it had a stunning 1970s Julie Christie."

8. The Birds – "My parents took me to the drive-in to see it when I was a mere infant. My first movie."

7. The Exorcist - "I can’t believe my mom let me go. I was in 6th grade."

6. Trilogy of Terror - "Especially the one where the doll comes after Karen Black."

5. Repulsion – "I could never eat rabbit after that."

4. The Shining – "I grew up in Colorado and have stayed at the Stanley Hotel (the one that it was based on). It was in the summer and I never saw Diane Arbus- looking murdered twin girls."

3. Nosferatu – "I recently saw it on the big screen. He was way scarier than Bela."

2. Suspiria – "The art direction is so amazing. And of course the evil lesbian witch is a real bonus."

1. Rosemary’s Baby – "Ruth Gordon is delicious. I love horror. But what I am not as into is the new over the top violent Saw-like movies. Give me Mia Farrow eating raw meat any day."

No comments: