Photobucket

July 11, 2008

Scare Tactics Creators Hallock and Healey Leave No Mark Un-Traumatized

If you haven't seen the show Scare Tactics, the premise is simple. Scott Hallock and Kevin Healey concoct nightmare scenarios straight out of horror movies, and then inflict them on unsuspecting victims, Candid Camera-style. So if you find yourself being stalked by a murderous clown or trapped in a lab with a human/rat hybrid, chances are you are probably on television. Smile!

I spoke with show creators Healey and Hallock about their personal horror movie memories, and their list offered a hint at what films the new season of Scare Tactics would be drawing inspiration from. The Rosemary's Baby episode is already up on the show's site; I know it's mean, manipulative, and traumatizing, but I can't stop laughing. But if I ever wind up on this show I will be so pissed.

No comments: