Photobucket

August 12, 2008

INTERVIEW - Joan Jett Is the Fox I've Been Waiting For

I remember hearing back in 2000 that Joan Jett would be in the new Rocky Horror revival on Broadway. There was that tingle of rightness, even though my own knowledge of Jett didn't extend past her big hits. Over the years since, I've become completely re-acquainted with her work and her persona, so getting to speak to her on the subject of the announced Rocky Horror Picture Show remake that MTV is determined to produce was a strange, perception-shattering experience. After all, Jett has been rocking hard for three solid decades now, with periodic sabbaticals from the public eye. I was expecting her to speak out really negatively about the new film like most fans have been doing. As usual, I'm glad to be surprised...

No comments: